Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Blackberry ID

I happen to forget my Blackberry ID Password. I tried to answer the security question, but it seems that I have forgotten that as well, since it tells me the answer is wrong. The only solution that I have been able to find when seeking to recover or change my password is that blackberry sent a password recovery email to my blackberry ID Username email, which is my ...@rogers.blackberry.net email. However, even though I originally set up that email, I never used it and deleted it from my phone, so now I cant access that password recovery email.

I tried to register for a new Blackberry ID, but when trying to access my BBM, it wont let me, stating that I need to use a Blackberry ID associated with that phone.

PLEASE HELP, Im locked out of my BBM and unable to do any updates on any apps since I have forgotten my password.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Blackberry ID

Hello,
If you cannot access your BlackBerry ID, to change it you will have to do a soft reset on your 9800, meaning that you will lose everything which hasnt been backed up unfortunately.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

when i try to log in, it gives some information about blackberry id and it says, "...Your blackberry id is yours alone, and will be tied to this smartphone until you perform a Security Wipe to remove it".

Is the soft reset same as this security wipe that they are talking about? I just figured that id need my password for that as well and since i cant remember it, it wouldnt work

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Actually, there is another workaround:

jpaslavsky wrote:

The only solution that I have been able to find when seeking to recover or change my password is that blackberry sent a password recovery email to my blackberry ID Username email, which is my ...@rogers.blackberry.net email. However, even though I originally set up that email, I never used it and deleted it from my phone, so now I cant access that password recovery email.

Even if you had left that email configured on your BB, you still would not be able to receive the password recovery email. For security purposes, those password reset emails are not delivered to the BB. Hence, to receive and process those password reset emails, you must have separate access (e.g., WebMail) to the email account registered to the BB ID. Sadly, most of the @BB and @Carrier email addresses have no separate access capability...but a workaround does exist:

• KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address

jpaslavsky wrote:

I tried to register for a new Blackberry ID, but when trying to access my BBM, it wont let me, stating that I need to use a Blackberry ID associated with that phone.

If you wish to pursue the new BB ID method, then indeed the "soft reset" hinted at above would not actually work (well, I suppose that it might -- but the poster gave no further information, so I'm not actually sure exactly what was recommended..."soft reset" can mean many different things to different folks). But, there is the officially recommended method:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

What is required is a WIPE. Hopefully, though, you will be successful with the above method for redirecting the password recovery email to an account you actually can access. For, if you indeed do shift to a new BB ID, all prior AppWorld records will be lost to you, including any fee-based purchase records. The only way to recover those is to obtain escalation from your carrier up to RIM and convince someone to manually migrate your AW records to the new BB ID.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: claro

I currently have pretty much the same problem. I first tried to access to the BB Id said the password was incorrect BUT i was doing so from the PC and not from the device, so it gave the option to create a new BB Id so I did and deleted the old one. Now, my device does not recognize the new BB Id, it keeps showing the old one and doesn not recognize the new one I created. Would a wipe work? or what else I can do?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

kaisaras1987 wrote:

I currently have pretty much the same problem. I first tried to access to the BB Id said the password was incorrect BUT i was doing so from the PC and not from the device, so it gave the option to create a new BB Id so I did and deleted the old one. Now, my device does not recognize the new BB Id, it keeps showing the old one and doesn not recognize the new one I created. Would a wipe work? or what else I can do?

Actually, in your situation as you have described it, a WIPE is required. Once a BB is associated to a BBID, the only way to change that association is to WIPE the BB and start over.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code