Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Protect Web Page Problem

I installed Blackberry Protect on my 9800 a few months ago.  I tested it by going to the Blackberry.com/Protect web site and clicking on the link to View Current Location.  That worked great as did all the other options on the page.

Today I misplace the phone in my home and decided to try the loud ring feature and I'm having a problem.  It seems that clicking on ANY of the options (View Location, Loud Ring, Display Message) will cause the computer screen to go dim and a timer starts rotating in the center of the page with the word Loading.... next to it.  It's been this way now for about 30 minutes with no sign of ever stopping.

I found my phone in the mean time, but it raises the question of what is going on with the web page??  I don't recall the last time I tried this that there was any issue with a long timeout.  The page does show my phone properly and identifies it by my phone number, so there is not an issue with not being recognized. 

Any ideas what is going on or how to fix this??  The app is pretty useless without it.

Contributor

Re: Blackberry Protect Web Page Problem

Update - I tried again, this time using my Playbook and it works as expected. So it's a problem with my computer?? Windows 7, 64bit running on a network behind a firewall. Anything here sound like it could be the problem? Other ideas??
Contributor

Compatability mode in Internet Explorer v9 fixed the problem.
Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

jimclark1947 wrote:
Compatability mode in Internet Explorer v9 fixed the problem.

Thanks for posting the cure.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Visitor
My Device: BlackBerryZ10

Thanks for posting to fixing the cure