Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
torchhelp
My Device: Torch 9800

Blackberry SUPPORT regarding my Torch 9800 Slider Issue

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry SUPPORT regarding my Torch 9800 Slider Issue

Such is life when you use an unlocked phone on another network.  The carriers really have no incentive to support a phone for which they made no profit.  Incidentally, this is a carrier issue and not a BlackBerry issue.  The same situation would be present if you were using another brand of smartphone.

I hope that clears things up for you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
torchhelp

Hi BillJ,

Thanks for the post. 

I certainly understand why the carriers are not interested in helping me out. That's not the reason I'm unhappy.

I'm frustrated because Blackberry is not willing to help me out. As a manufacturer, they owe some duty of care towards a customer. 

It's an unfortunate mistake by Blackberry, because I will be switiching to an iPhone soon.....

Thanks again for the post.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm not sure it would be any different with any other phone because one way or another, you'll need to get service from a cell carrier and they pretty much all support the idea of only helping out it they can get something out of it.  As for RIM supporting you better, they make the phones and they pay the carriers to support them.  After that, it's beyond their control if the carriers choose to not support phones that are not from them.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you luck with any phone and carrier you use.  I'm hoping you'll stay with BlackBerry and I'd be sad to see you jump ship over something like this.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
torchhelp

Thanks for the kind reply. I will keep you updated.

Please use plain text.