Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Blackberry Torch 9800 reboots after led light shows red twice.

Hello,

The situtation that my Blackberry Torch has recently been in is that the out of no where, the Blackberry will freeze up. The LED indicator will be lit up for a short period of time, for a total of two times. After that, the system reboots itself. During this problematic process, I cannot use the buttons at all to try to stop it or do something else.

I have reinstalled the OS Software and have done a hard reset during the red LED indicates.

I don't have warranty becase I have purchase this off my friend after his warranty was over and he got himself another phone.

Please suggest me what I can do to fix this problem.

Thanks for all your help =)

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

Re: Blackberry Torch 9800 reboots after led light shows red twice.

[ Edited ]

BlackBerrys stuck in a constant re-boot are considered "Nuked". You can repair your device, don't worry.

Check out this how-to. Just follow it and you'll be up and running.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
New Developer

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion and reply to this topic.

I have tried this method of reloading the Operating system. However, the problem still came back.

Thank you though =).

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bummer. Have you tried taking the battery out, then plugging it into your computer to see if Desktop manager recognizes your device? If you do, what happens?

Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
New Developer

When I take out the battery and plug it into the computer (via USB). The Blackberry Desktop Manager recognizes that there is a device connected and it cannot communicate with it.

It says: " The device is rebooting or has a dead batter, click Retry to attempt to reconnect once the device reboots."

When I press retry, this menu just reappears.

Super Contributor

I getting stumped. How about putting the battery in before you press retry and see what response you get.

New Developer

I tried to see if the Blackberry Desktop Manager recognizes the Blackberry Torch without the battery, it tells me to get a new battery or new OS.

And now, I plugged the battery back in, and it won't let me press any other buttons on the computer, until the OS fully loaded.

The only thing I noticed, is that when the torch was plugged in via USB, the restarting problems doesn't occur.

Do you think it may be the battery problem?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

lainshi wrote:

I tried to see if the Blackberry Desktop Manager recognizes the Blackberry Torch without the battery, it tells me to get a new battery or new OS.

And now, I plugged the battery back in, and it won't let me press any other buttons on the computer, until the OS fully loaded.

The only thing I noticed, is that when the torch was plugged in via USB, the restarting problems doesn't occur.

Do you think it may be the battery problem?

That's exactly what I am thinking. If you know someone with a Blackberry, look at the battery and see if it's the same. If so, borrow it and fire up your device. If it works, get another OEM (Original/RIM) battery for it. DO NOT GET A CHEAP BATTERY from anyone. A off brand battery hardly ever works correctly.

Get it from an AT&T corporate store (a store that only sells AT&T stuff), and while there, put the new battery in your phone and fire it up. That way, if something strange happens, you'll be at AT&T if it does and they can take a look at it. Hopefully one of the employees there has a Blackberry and can figure anything out.

An authorized dealer will be a store that sells stuff for other phones and will probably get their replacement batteries from a cheaper source.

New Developer

I tried purcahsing a new OEM battery, but thee restarting still occurs. 

I am super stumped at what the problem is.. =(.

Super Contributor

OK, I'm stumped. Let me dish this one out to someone that might have a better idea than us.