Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
ccorrie
My Device: Torch 9800

Blackberry Torch 9800 shuts down at night ??

My torch is now two days old and I've noticed it shuts down y itself at night..  I prefer to have it on 24x7.   How do I shut off the automatic shut down..  in the Auto on/off, neither block is checked which I assume it would mean it is disabled and not enabled??  Any advice

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Blackberry Torch 9800 shuts down at night ??

With any problem, start with a battery pull; it's like a smack in the face for your phone.

With the phone powered on, remove the battery then replace it after a minute.

Is it a possibility that you have a third-party app installed that would trigger this?  Some apps have many features, including an auto on/off setting, that perhaps you were not aware of. 

Have a look and let us know.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Super Contributor
MrDJ
My Device: Q10 (rip Torch)

default should be set to off but try this

setup > half way down options > device > at top auto on/off > make sure both boxes are not ticked.

New Contributor
ccorrie
My Device: Torch 9800

Thanks...  Tried this last night, but in the upper right hand corner where the connectivity is displayed, it said OFF.  so i had to go to connections and hit reconnect