Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
AmeerJN
My Device: Blackberry torch9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry Torch 9800 update issues

Hello everyone :smileyhappy:
Carier: AT&T
Model: blackberry torch 9800, OS 6.0.0.666
i had earlier version which was 600 at the end, and i was looking for better software update for my torch i went to blog that explained how to to upgrade to higher version which is 666 i followed the steps that said i had to delete vendor to be able to update.... but in the end after i updated it stopped working it didnt turn on even when i connect it to PC I'll post pirctures of my issue to give a better explnation
1.this is what i get when i connect it

2.I choose update and follow ..... and choose the version i had in the first place but when it starts updating it reaches reconnecting to JVM

it stucks for while then i get this message

and its been like this for while...
additional info: my phone screen gives me a sign of empty battery with X on it but i'm pretty sure the battery is filled and working ..... !
any other required info tell me i'll post its been like this for few days and i honestly cant survive without my phone
thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Torch 9800 update issues

It's nice that we can update our BlackBerry devices so easily; we just plug them in, click a couple buttons and within a few minutes we have a brand new OS on our phone.  Sadly, it doesn't always happen so effortlessly.  For one reason or another, sometimes your phone will not update properly the first time.  Why this happens, I don't know.  I do know that if it doesn't go through on the first attempt, unplug your phone, shut down BlackBerry Desktop Software, plug your phone back in, start up BDS again and attempt the procedure once again.  I've had to restart 3-4 times in the past before the update would load successfully.

Try my suggestion a couple more times and post back after that if you're still unsuccessful.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AmeerJN

thx BillJ for your suggestion, but i've tried over 20-25 times last couple days :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Smoothcurve
My Device: Blackberry 9850 by Sprint
My Carrier: Digicel

This just happened to me and usually when this happens the easiest thing to do is to unplug ur phone from the usb, remove the battery, then replace it after a couple of seconds , reconnect the usb then press retry, tht usually does the trick. Ur phone should continue to load ur new OS on ur torch.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AmeerJN

I wish the solution is that easy :smileysad: ! thx for your suggestion though

Please use plain text.
TemiBlazer
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: att

Pls I am new here. How do one know the carrier OS in any blackberry phone? Someone wants to recomend his os to ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ but does not know if it is from Bell, Roger, att etc. Pls is ther a way to know? Thanks
Please use plain text.