Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Blackberry Torch 9800 wont turn on

I was in the middle of sending a text when the phone turned off and went completely black, I have tried a battery pull and the red light comes on for about 5 seconds ,but then nothing, this is the 4th Blackberry device in about 2 years that has gone wrong please help.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Blackberry Torch 9800 wont turn on

Hi tomlilley96 -

can you give a bit more info such as:

• were you charging it when this happened (whilst texting)?

• had you recently upgraded any apps?

• was/is your battery fully charged and functional?
    • sorry have to ask!
  • can you try one you know for sure is working - beg, borrow - don't steal!! ...from friend, shop outlet etc.

• After a battery pull do you get no sign of screen life - such as white screen, lines or just the brief red light & black screen?

• have you tried leaving it for awhile after the red light comes on / goes off & noted any audible indication of life - such as message notifications coming in?

• have you tried calling it from another phone to see if it rings or hear what information is given as to it not being answered?

If this post and/or any other helps you, please click the 'thumbs-up' button of the post(s) that did so.
found your cure? - indicate this by tagging the relevant helping post/s with "Solution!"
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Torch 9800 wont turn on

Try starting the device in Safe Mode.

Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code