Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
SFDAJM1
My Device: Torch 9810

Blackberry Torch 9810 will not start

Goodnight all... My Torch 9810 will not start... I've tried nuking the device and reloading the operator os as well at other carrier os as well. The Blackberry startup screen will come on and begin the load process but either sticks and stays between the e and the r of Blackberry or reaches to that point and restarts. Phone has never been dropped when not in a shock absorbent case and was functioning before it up and begun this issue. Is there a fix outside of buying a new board? The battery is in good working conditions and holds a charge. Computer recognizes it. Help Please!!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry Torch 9810 will not start

Hello SFDAJM1

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you recently Installed any application ? 

Have you tried some free third party software like BBASK or Jl_Cmder to completly wipe your device before trying to load any new OS , if you want to have a try then first Uninstall any OS pack from your PC and follow those simple steps :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then if it allow  perform your backup of your device.

4.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Use BBSAK from  http://bbsak.org/   and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 ( no OS ) then proceed to next step.

6. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

As your device is having problem with reboot it may not allow you to do a backup us suggested on step 3 , it it is then skip the backup option and proceed to next. 

Or : KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Try it and let us know .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
quoden
My Device: Torch 9810

I have this problem that the BB stops during booting at the "e" from the very beginning.

Especially a problem, as from time to time the BB just stops working and "breaks together" (this reminds me of the blue screed of Windows many years ago).

After 3 or 4 tries it finally goes through.

Sorry but your description what to do is so difficult, who do you think is able to follow and do it????

I am somehow able to work with it and my laptop and have many appointments and travelling.

So, is there any easier way for "stupid" and busy business people to get the BB running in a more secure way????

Best regards

Joachim

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi quoden

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

quoden wrote:

Sorry but your description what to do is so difficult, who do you think is able to follow and do it????

My above suggestion is for the original poster , who is having problem even after a wipe / reload / update etc. By the way those above steps are not as difficult as it seems :smileyhappy: 

quoden wrote:

I have this problem that the BB stops during booting at the "e" from the very beginning.

Especially a problem, as from time to time the BB just stops working and "breaks together" (this reminds me of the blue screed of Windows many years ago).

After 3 or 4 tries it finally goes through.

But your issue may be different ! May be an installed 3rd party application within your device ?

Have you recently installed any application before this Problem started ? Think carefully !

If you have then try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options > Device > Application Manegement > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Or you could simply do a backup using Desktop Software and perform a OS reload , after reload perform a selective restore , restore only your Contacts , calenders , memos etc. try to avoid any 3rd party application for a day  to see if problem cease .

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Try it or let us know if you have any questions.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.