Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

pushpender
My Device: Torck 9860

Blackberry Torch 9860 Speaker Problem

Hi Guys,

I am having problem with my Torch 9860. Speaker suddenly stopped working. I can't hear ring tone, neither any songs works. When I enable speaker there is no voice during the call, if i disable speaker I can hear.

Any solution? Tried restoring the old setting when it use to work but no luck.

Thanks,

Pushpender

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Torch 9860 Speaker Problem

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

What OS are you on? On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

s-
s-
My Device: blackberry torch 9860

im haviny that problem, but wen i activate the hanset i hearing the music realllyyy soft even when the volume is right up
New Contributor
Diam0nd
My Device: 5860 torch touch

Hi,

My torch touch that I've had for 7 months has jsut stopped making any sounds. It will only vibrate. i canot get ringtones. music, speakerphone, etc. This all went off about 6weeks ago, then all of a sudden started working. However 2 days ago it has stopped again. I can hear pepole that I phone, or them phoning me, but no sound is coming from the handset. I took out the battery with no effect. Help! a phone with no ringtone is not much use when my kids are trying to call me. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

did you take out battery while it was on?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
Diam0nd

yes. and again when it was off.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

So it is still in warranty?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
New Contributor
Diam0nd

I tried this, and tried it with the phone off, still no sound :No:

New Contributor
Diam0nd

Yes its still in warrenty. i was just hoping to try and sort it myself if it was possible.

Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

Try calling your provider or go to a provider store. Based on my experience I will always buy the extended warranty. VZW says the extended warranty is only $1.99 a month. My 9850 just quit,RIM tech support finally said it was the RAM failed. Out of warranty by 40 days.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.