Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
paulaspil
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Emobile

Blackberry Torch - Can't change time

I have a BB Torch 9510. The device time is wrong but I can't change it as the Update Time icon in Display and Controls panel, is marked Automatic with a lock symbol. Also the Auto Update Time Zone: shows Prompt with a lock symbol.

The network time is correct.

Can anybody help with this please

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Torch - Can't change time

Did you buy this device second-hand?  If so, there might be an IT policy on it that's preventing you from performing these functions.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paulaspil
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Emobile

Thanks for the reply BilliJ.

I bought it new2 years ago and it has worked ok. I changed network 3 months ago, again no problem.

This occurred after the network provider store helped me activating my internet service.

I have returned to the store and they claim they have never seen this problem and claim they don't know how to fix it.

Any other thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Start with a battery pull.  Remove your battery with your phone powered on then replace it.  If that doesn't do the trick, try reloading your OS using BlackBerry Desktop Software.  If neither of those works, I'm stumped.

Keep us up to date on your progress.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.