Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

lbenner
My Device: Torch9800

Blackberry Torch - Error ID 30601

Just purchased Torch and seem to be getting all email and can log onto browsers.  When I try to download I am asked to log in and when I do I receive error ID 30601 "Unable to validate the email adress and password combination."   When I try password retrieval I recieve a message "Your request cannot be completed."  Please ensure that your Blackberry ID has been activated and that you have typed the correct email address.  Since I am receiving my emails and received an activation notice I don't know what is going on.  Any suggestions please? 

Please use plain text.
jelleephish
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Blackberry Torch - Error ID 30601

I believe the Blackberry ID thing is new...I just switched phones and it did the same thing to me only I am on a Curve. I had the exact same error.....

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/id/

That website will show you the Blackberry ID, I believe it is somewhat new. It will help when you have to switch phones or stuff allowing applications to switch too through the "My Word" section...

Anyway, go to that link and sign up for one and then try inputing the information afterwards, it will work fine

For anyone else who looks at this....

The Blackberry ID is NOT the same as your Blackberry Email address UNLESS you register for the ID using THAT EMAIL.

Hope it helps!

Please use plain text.
OKE
OKE
My Device: Curve 8330

Worked like a charm Very easy. Thank you

Please use plain text.
Lubiloo
My Device: 8520

Hi,I'm new to this forum, so I hope you'll forgive my dim worry.

I've just got a BB 9700 and had exactly the same problem.  I signed up via my mobile and now (as I've only got the one email address - I know 'dinosaur')  I cannot sign up for another ID, so the problem persists.  VERY annoying and incomprehensible to my small brain.  I'd be so grateful for any further advise as I've got some great apps on my old BB that I'd like to transfer to my new one...

Many thanks,

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
1465trace
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700 RCM71UW

i have exactly the same problem as you, so whered the answer? :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
1465trace
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700 RCM71UW

I have the exact same problem? So how do I get the answer? :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

jelleephish wrote:

I believe the Blackberry ID thing is new...I just switched phones and it did the same thing to me only I am on a Curve. I had the exact same error.....

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/id/

That website will show you the Blackberry ID, I believe it is somewhat new. It will help when you have to switch phones or stuff allowing applications to switch too through the "My Word" section...

Anyway, go to that link and sign up for one and then try inputing the information afterwards, it will work fine

For anyone else who looks at this....

The Blackberry ID is NOT the same as your Blackberry Email address UNLESS you register for the ID using THAT EMAIL.

Hope it helps!

Did anyone try the above? what happened when you did try?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
k8slotover
My Device: torch

[ Edited ]

I tried it, and it worked fine. It's counter-intuitive because if you've got email all set up and working you figure that means you're registered with a Blackberry ID, but I guess not. So you just have to do it at that link page and it seems to work.

Thanks for the advice.

K

Please use plain text.
ohcurlyone
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

YOU ROCK!  Ahhhhhh I can move on to the apps now!  Whew.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jmorgan85
My Device: Torch 9800

I tried and I ended up getting the same error message.... Frustrated!!

Please use plain text.