Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tourch - 9800
My Carrier: Consumer Cellular

Blackberry Torch Network Signaling - ATT to Verizon

Hello!

I'm trying to find out whether or not my AT&T Blackberry Tourch can be converted to be used on Verizon's Network?  I'm with the understanding that AT&T utilizes GSM Network Signaling and that Verizon utilizes CDMA Network Signaling?  I purchased my Blackberry phone when I was living around metro Atlanta, now that I'm in Illinois the signal I get from AT&T where I live is so poor I can call my cell phone and it won't even ring. In addition that many of my friends and family are on Verizon's network.

I'm with the impression that many if not all Cell Phones are set up for both GSM or CDMA depending on how their software is programmed in the Cell Phone. 

I've forwarded this information to a company that you can purchase "Unlock Codes" from and they weren't sure and indicated that I should contact the Phone Manufacturer.   I really don't want to spend the money to "Unlock" the phone if I can't move it to a Verizon's CDMA network.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

David

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Torch Network Signaling - ATT to Verizon

I think the current unlock rate is $6. However I was told you can't use an AT&T phone on VZW .
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Torch Network Signaling - ATT to Verizon

THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.