Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

abbasladak
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Blackberry Torch Screen Color Problem

Hi, I bought a torch the other day. Silly me, I checked the phone for calling, working pin, text messaging, but i did not bother to check the camera or the video. everytime i view a video it would come up in weird colors (rather then actual colors of the video). The same problem would happen when i would use the camera, but once i take a picture it would be in the proper colors.

I decided to restore the phone, made no diffrence. Decided to reload the software without putting any of the back up back on... and now i have an even bigger problem. All the screens are now in this weird color. The colors are like the "Ghost Story Effect" on photobooth for mac.

It got worse when i reloaded the software so my bet is that there is something wrong with the software. I am not sure! 

I checked for water damage.. and the sticker is white.. so im guessing nothings wrong. any ideas anyone?

abbasladak

Re: Blackberry Torch Screen Color Problem

I downgraded the software to 6.0.0.246 and still no luck

abbasladak

So i fixed the problem from being on the entire screen to just the camera and video again.. i went to accesibility.. then went to color contrast and changed it from normal to reverse contrast

and it works fine now. :smileyfrustrated: but the camera and video still have the same problem

saharjoon9
My Device: 9800 torch

Have you fixed the problem yet?

I have the same problem with mine but it was after I got my housing replaced and no one knows how to fix it!! 

The camera and video color is reversed and the phone only looks normal when the accessibility is in reverse. 

New Contributor
srdiegoaguirre
My Device: 9800

[ Edited ]

hi i have the same problem please write me a solution on <REMOVED> thanks

EDIT: Personal Information such as e-mail is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

New Contributor
DvanBurk
My Device: Torch 9800

In the options & settings menu you can change your phone's color by turning on Negative.

Did you check that out?

New Contributor
srdiegoaguirre
My Device: 9800

yeah i change the color in accessibility color contrast and reverse contrast but the camera and the videos mp4 or 3gp looks negative!!!!!! the apareance change but the camera and video reproductor not

the start srceen blackberry load when reebot the phone looks white and tthe progress bar black.........diferent the normal mode black and progress white

Visitor
echimunhu
My Device: torch 9800

has anyone found a solution to this problem, I also have this and currently can't play videos on my phone as they are in negative colour, this is after having the LCD replaced

kid
Visitor
kid
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi ....did you ever find a solution to video problem. with the blackberry.9800 torch.

New Contributor
lufwayo
My Device: BlackBerry torch

I guess this vidio problem is evrywhere. Jst bought mine a week ago and it has the same problem. Has any one found th solution yet