Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Torch and RSS Feeds

I see that there are only Twitter and Blackberry Messenger options to show feeds in the Social category (among other IM apps).  Is there a way to add Facebook to that and maybe change Twitter to UberTwitter instead?  Please let me know.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800

Re: Blackberry Torch and RSS Feeds

I've got the same problem. From what I've read in both the help files and other documentation, Facebook is supposed to show up but it doesn't on mine, even though I have it installed and it's open in the background.

Regular Contributor

Yep, that is what is going on with me.  There are so many other social networking apps as well that aren't listed or available.  I am hoping someone can shed some light on this real soon!

Regular Contributor

Ok, thanks to @BlackberryHelp onTwitter, this is what they said to do to get Facebook back and then add to RSS Feeds:

"Try to go through the following clean application load process: http://bit.ly/cKy9A0 Also make sure you test before restoring any backup ^PM"

I did this and then once it was rebooted, I had to go back into Desktop Manager 6.0 (that is what I have installed, it will work with latest 5.x version as well) and clik on Applications.  Once in there, I selected to reinstall Facebook and it worked.  I went into Setup - Feeds on my Torch 9800 and set up Facebook as a feed and it works AWESOME!! 

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ddi you go to "Options >Display" and look at the integrated application list?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800

Hi.. Am New to BB (torch), can someone plz tell whats an RSS feed and what is it used for??
New Contributor
My Device: 9800

Google is your friend. :-)  Check out http://www.whatisrss.com/