Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
fragment137
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ROGERS

Blackberry Torch battery won't charge.

I've had this phone for just over a week, and I routinely let it charge over night. Last night I went to plug it in as per usual, and it displayed the clock app like it normally does, and in the morning my alarm went off as scheduled... When I picked up the phone and went to check my email I noticed the Battery Charge icon in the top left was still only at 50%! The phone had an solid 8 hour period to charge. I did a battery pull on the phone, let it sit for a minute, and when I put the battery back in the device turned on of it's own accord. Once it was booted up, I plugged it in to see that the battery life was now showing 40%! plugging it in to charge showed random ranges between 40-50%...

This phone is only a week old! what's going on? :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Torch battery won't charge.

Do you have an additional charger you can use to rule out the charger itself?

Maybe try using the USB cable to charge via your PC?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fragment137
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ROGERS

Re: Blackberry Torch battery won't charge.

I am currently trying a charge VIA my PC... though it's a little unsettling that the charger that came with the BB (Which is really only a Power Over USB adapter for the wall) would already be defective after one week of usage...

The phone is now displaying 55% battery... so let's hope it works! Also, I have two different USB Cables I can attempt to charge it with.. One came with the Torch, the other is an older cable that uses the same interface. I have used this other cable before for syncing data and it works fine, though I'm not sure if that could affect the battery.

Please use plain text.