Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
212936za
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

Blackberry Torch going crazy :(

Hello everybody,

I have for about a year the Blackberry Torch 9810 (software 7.1 pack 1149). But since yesterday, when I slide my phone open, it starts to react very very slow and my touch screen stops working. when do a battery pull, everything works for 5 minutes without problems but then it starts again. I really don't know what to do! 

my provider is Base Belgium. 

Greetings from Belgium!

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry Torch going crazy :(

Hi and welcome to Support Forums

If a battery pull restart is able to resolve the issue but for a short term , then you should try updating your device software , As I can see you Carrier Base had released some higher OS packages for your device model then you're having currently   BASE . You should try that . For help refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB29847 : BlackBerry Desktop Software is not required to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Smartphone.

But first do your backup using Desktop Software .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
212936za

Hello, 

first of all thank you for your reply! Really appreciate it!

I am hesitating on downloading the update, because I'm scared that it will cause more problems. 

Can you surely say that this update will solve my problem? 

greetings!

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi

Why are you scared ! 

My perception is if your device is working well , then you can stay with your current device OS. But if you're having issues like freezing , lagging or poor device response then I think we should look if any updates are available for our device model .

I cannot say that update will fix your issue completely , but I can say it will help :smileyhappy:

So please try it but backup first .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
212936za

Hey! 

Just wanted to let you know that I've just updated my phone, but unfortenately it didn't solved my problems ;(

I'm realizing now that when I don't slide up my phone it works fine, but once I slide it open the touch screen doesn't work and my BB becomes very slow or doesn't even respond to anything..

BUT I still appreciate it that you took your time to help me! 

greetings!

g_carr
My Device: Torch 9810

I am having the same issue, started this morning also. I updated, did not help even in the slightest. I want to reset back to factory settings if possible.

New Contributor
212936za

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one! I hope that they will come with a solution soon!