Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: verizon

Blackberry Torch

I recently had a bb torch exchanged, before I sent the old unit back I updated it.How do I retrieve the memo pad only and get it back into my new torch?
Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Torch

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Your MemoPad data? That would be part of a good backup procedure, that you of course would have had to conduct before sending your old device away...refer to the link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

Or do you mean the MemoPad app itself? That's a function of the OS, so you'd simply conduct the same update you did with your old device.

Or do you mean something else????

Good luck and let us know!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: verizon

Hi, I did back up the device before I sent it back. I have the file on my laptop, I just dot no how to get it over to my new blackberry. I have years of memos in the memo pad. Thank you
Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK...so I think that the answer to my question is that you want your MemoPad data...you didn't state clearly, but I think that's what you want. As such:

• KB10339 How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

You can conduct a selective restore of only the database(s) you require. Note carefully however that restore is limited to those items that the Backup actually works on...refer:

• KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

If your MemoPad data is not one of the included databases, then that data would have been included in the separate Device/Media Card memory copy activities that also are part of "best practices" backups...and that is covered in the link in my auto-sig on this post.

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.