Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
fnemes
My Device: 9800 Storm
My Carrier: Rogers / Comcel Colombia
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Virus

Hi for everyone that thinks a blackberry can not get a virus they are wrong Security Essential picked up the following virus's:

Trojan:Win32/Rimecud.A

Worm:Win32/Taterf.B

Worm:Win32/Conficker.C

They caused lagging - cutting off of calls - doing anything was taking for ever I ran the scan and cleaned then phone and now i am in the process to see if they return or i was able to clean them with security essential, so far after cleaning the phone has not lagged t all...perhaps the techs can verify if these virus penetrated my operating system and how o assure they are still there.....

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Virus

This isn't the first time I've heard RUMORS of a BlackBerry virus.  Fact is, I'm looking everywhere for proof of this and I'm coming up empty.

If you have a reliable link to this information, it would be appreciated.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

So what program did you run to clean your device? Where do you download it from?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Still waiting for credible proof............. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fnemes

If you suspect a virus on your phone do as i did connect your usb cable using MS Essentials custom scan the bb folders if they show a virus there is your proof --- all i know is the first time my son downloaded some free game app and my phone didnt work correctly then i came accrossthe virusby accident doing a scan on the usb drive I found one virus after cleaning the lagging stopped right away --- then today all day it was a nightmare when i got back from the office did a virus scan and came up with the virus info in my first email and cleaned the files again now the phone is speeding along normally. what i do not know is whether this has entirely removed the virus's as before i only had one of them mentioned in my first email "the one that takes over game passwords" and this time i had it again and plus 2 more ---- will let you kmow how it goes and if it happens again will copy the drives i scan and the results of the scan again......and also do a OS clean next cause they are hidden somewhere i would imagine....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fnemes

ps i used microsift essentials pc virus scan try it see the difference just posted cause i was looking for a sure way to make sure that my cell was clean still do not know that yet
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Zildjian71
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 x 2, PlayBook 16g & 64g, Bridged with RROYY.com
My Carrier: ATT

Though its possible for a Windows virus to migrate to USB storage devices it is almost impossible for a Windows virus to know what to do with a non windows hardware platform or OS. None of the hardware or software attack address will connect to be able to function. Even common languages like JAVA will not have the same compiled addresses. Nice try on the fantasy.
Solutions: 5,901
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

This virus you put on your media card has not infected your BlackBerry device. Period.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Zildjian71
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 x 2, PlayBook 16g & 64g, Bridged with RROYY.com
My Carrier: ATT

With that Mr.Sanders I'd think this thread is finished. A most excellent reply by you.
Solutions: 5,901
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

lol, thanks. I think your reply was spot on.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.