Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
fnemes
My Carrier: Rogers / Comcel Colombia

Re: Blackberry Virus

Well guys you could very well be right i did find the virus's perhaps you could explain why the device stopped lagging after since you guysseem to be the experts. I have found the phone lags at certain times since and could be congestion from the operator, but not like it lagged as before finding and cleaning it could they interfere with the funcioning of the phone to cause the lagging. I am just  a user and thought i would print what i have found I gain or lose nothing indoing so other than my time. Explain the extreme lagging also one of the virus's is relate to SMS whatever that is so in your expertise can any of the virus's found cause lagging with the black berry operating system or not. As you know some downloaded games or programs can do this. Don't call it a virus if it makes you feel better but call it causes of lagging and give me anwser to that smart guys.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,752
My Carrier: Verizon

No.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

when did java support win32?

as for lag

A media card full of songs and pictures will take a long time to generate the thumbnails and song playlist, possibly making it slow up first use.

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on Smartphone. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

Disable Compression on media card? go to Options, Device, Storage

using a custom theme? try it for a day the factory default one to rule out your theme

remember the esc key closes most apps, except for GPS and some chat clients. the other apps need to use menu and then exit or close. The farthest key to the right is a home key and does not close any apps per se but will end calls.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

So do you want this box tiked or not?
Disable Compression on media card?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Disabling compression (unticked) should give you some faster response to access the media card. Whether that speed is noticeable or not may be determined by the size of your media card and the amount of media contained on the media card.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fnemes
My Carrier: Rogers / Comcel Colombia

Knotty Rope thanks;

Finally someone that has answered the problem and not in a critizing way, great to know that virus can be found on the blackberry but doesnot have an effect on the OC. Also a solution on how to stop the lagging happening on the phone and possible cause. I salute your answer and the way it was presented cheers....

Please use plain text.
JSanders

fnemes, not a person here every posted to you in a "critizing way".

There was no virus on your BlackBerry.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.