Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
rapposm
My Device: Torch

Blackberry World 3.1.4.25 no icon

I just upgraded to the 3.1.4.25 BB world app and now lost the icon, what can be done about this?

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Blackberry World 3.1.4.25 no icon

First, make sure it hasn't inadvertedly been hidden.  While on your homescreen, press the menu key and select Show All or Unhide All, whichever is available.  If your icon was just hidden, this will make it reappear and you're welcome for the help.

If it's not just hidden, you'll have to reload the app.  Start by going to your Applications list and finding App World.  Your Applications list can be found by following on your homescreen Options>Applications OR Options>Device>Application Management (depending on which OS your phone is running).  Highlight the app, press your menu key and select Delete.  Once it's gone and you've rebooted your phone, you can type in your phone's browser www.blackberry.com/appworld to reload it.  Hopefully that will bring back your icon.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
rapposm

Tired all that and still no icon for BB world.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

OK, delete it once again then plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone has connected, click Applications on the left column and look for App World.  If it's there and has a plus " + " sign beside it, click the plus sign to load it that way.

Please post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
rapposm

Tried that and Blackberry World does not show up in the Application list.