Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

GwendolynH
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: MTS

Blackberry desktop failure

I recently tried to open my BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and recieved the message that "Blackberry Software has stopped working". I uninstalled the software and reinstalled ... but still get the same message. I recently got a new "Torch" and wanted to back it up on my PC ... but never even plugged the phone into the PC, because I clicked on the Desktop Manager...and got the "stopped working" message. How do I fix this? Did I miss a step, or is there specific software I should look for?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry desktop failure

Hello GwendolynH,

Welcome to the Community,While installing Blackberry software  try to turn off any anti virus program on your PC or Laptop. Try to uninstall it again but before that have a look at this article of K.B :

How to perform a clean uninstall of Blackberry Desktop Software . 

Once it is done restart your Pc or Laptop then download the latest Blackberry Desktop Software from here.if you are confused look at the demo first.

Download latest Blackberry Desktop Software from here .

When installing on your Pc or Laptop if you are using window 7 run it as an Administrator .Try it and

let us know.I think Articles will help you. 

Good Luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.