Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Blackberry desktop manager not working properly

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I plugged my torch into the USB drive as usual and connected to the desktop manager, in the hope of transferring some music of Itunes. But for some reason it's not letting me transfer any music onto my phone.

It says "If your blackberry device is using a Bluetooth connection or is not connected to your computer, you need to connect it with a USB cable to import and sychronise media. If your device is already connected, reconnect it to start a new connection. Your device must have mass storage mode turned on and a media card or additional built in media storage for media files".

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, resetting my laptop, uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop manager etc.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks

-- Nil Satis Nisi Optimum --
Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry desktop manager not working properly

So, do you have MassStorage enabled?

1. Go to Options >> Media Card
(some themes or BlackBerrys may call this "Settings >> Media Card")

2. Check the following settings (if they are not listed this way, then change to reflect the following:
a) Media Card Support: On
b) Mass Storage Mode Support: On
c) Auto Enable Mass Storage: Yes

3. Save the settings and exit

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Francois

Re: Blackberry desktop manager not working properly

Hi

I have almost the same problem. If I connect my BB to the desctop it does not pick up the BB.

I do use the cable as this is working on my friends computer when I plug it in. Is there maybe some setting on my computer or the antivirus? I am using Mcfee and cannot realy see if there is a setting.

I can however connect to my pc normaly, putting on pictures and music, but my Desctop Manager does not reconise when pluged in.

Thanks

F