Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

houghtnd
My Device: torch 9800

Blackberry messenger

Recently I received a BBM upgrade from Blackberry.  So why not?  I entered all the information, but now when I press the BBM icon all I get is a blank blue page with the message "Restoring BBM" which can go on indefineately until the battery dies.  I have now los all the BBM contacts and messages.  Does anyone know the solution?

As well does anyone know if there is a direct contact link or email address to a Blackberry tech?  I have used the contach us link and it just keeps sending me in circles.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry messenger

Hello houghtnd

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Which version of BBM you're having before this update ? 

If you're having problem with BBM then you should try reinstalling it again , it may help . To do that First On your Homescreen go to Options > Device > Application Management > locate and Delete BlackBerry Messenger from that list .

KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

After deleting perform a Battery Pull Restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On .then wait a min. and  re-insert it back .

Your device may take a long reboot , finally use your BlackBerry Browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/bbmdownload and download the most  available for your device .After reinstalling see if that helps 

Additional Information :

KB33326 : After upgrading from BBM 6.2 to BBM 7, an attempt to log into BBM 7 results in the application being stuck at the "Restoring BBM" message

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.