Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
SABrand
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

Blackberry phone not recognising updated password, won't validate and no longer receiving emails now

My Torch 9810 asked me to update Blackberry software when I tried to do this it won't recognise my password

I have now changed the password via a PC and when I go to validate this on my phone it still won't recognise this

I am in a vicious loop

I have now had all of my emails stopped

I can't even take off the email addresses and re-load them as it asks for my password - which is still doesn't accept

there is no where I can find that allows me to fix this problem

HELP!!!! Please x

Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry phone not recognising updated password, won't validate and no longer receiving emails now

Hello SABrand,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

What type of an email account are you experiencing this issue with? Have you attempted changing the password on your computer? Do you receive any error messages and if so, what is the full message?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
SABrand

Re: Blackberry phone not recognising updated password, won't validate and no longer receiving emails now

It is my hotmail accounts (x3). I have changed the password on the computer and all is good but when I try and access on the phone it doesn't recognise the password!! 

The message when trying to log into my Blackberry ID account on my phone is "unable to log in to your Blackberry ID account" and thats it!!

Help!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

Please understand that the credentials for your BBID account and those for your email accounts are 100% separate; each have their own credentials. Your email credentials get stored within your BIS account (by virtue of your BB ID account) so that BIS can check your email services independent of you actual BB itself. But if you are using, for example, your hotmail credentials to attempt to log into BB ID, then you are using the wrong credentials (unless you just happened to use the exact same email address/password...but they technically are separate credentialed accounts).

So, the error message you are getting has to do with your BB ID credentials...which simply must be something different than you are entering. Or...this KB might apply:

• KB28212 "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

I would suggest trying to, from a PC/browser, log into your BB ID account so as to verify what your credentials for that account are...and then ensure you are using them exactly right on the BB itself (keeping in mind the tricky way you must enter numbers, caps, and special characters on the BB interface).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
SABrand

I have logged on to pc and changed BB ID password. When I go on to phone to log into BB ID using new password it doesn't accept it and message above is shown.
I am not confusing credentials.
Perhaps I could speak to someone on a phone somewhere to help me?? Is that possible?
I still need help please!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

SABrand wrote:
I have logged on to pc and changed BB ID password. When I go on to phone to log into BB ID using new password it doesn't accept it and message above is shown.
I am not confusing credentials.

OK...well, in that case, the KB I linked for you above is the one that comes up for the exact error message you provided...have you read that to consider what it offers? You also can search the KBs for yourself to see if perhaps another KB might be more on point to your situation.

SABrand wrote:

Perhaps I could speak to someone on a phone somewhere to help me?? Is that possible?
I still need help please!

Yes, you can speak to someone...by following your contractually required support channel, which for this issue starts with your mobile service provider. If they cannot help you, they have the ability to escalate your case up to BlackBerry for even more enhanced support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code