Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: o2

Blackberry protect

Hello I have recently installed your new app blackberry protect I am experiencing the following error message when trying to use this app:

"your wireless service plan does not include blackberry protect"

Under more info I get this message:

"the service plan for your blackberry device does not support this application. Please contact your service provider for additional information or to update your service plan"

Now my carrier is o2 and I have the blackberry bolt-on allowing myself to use all of blackberry services I am using a blackberry torch on os 6.0 and have never had any issues until now is there any fix that can help me solve this situation?

Thanks

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry protect

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Your carrier is responsible for delivery of all services to you. Each carrier has multiple tiers of data plans, many with multiple BB data plan tiers as well. You really need to work with O2 to resolve this.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

I'm currently on the phone to o2 I have logged into the blackberry protect site on the web and its saying I don't have any device associated with my account could this also be linked to an error on o2's part?

Hall of Famer II

Yes -- given the message you said you had earlier, I'd think so.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates

I'm still no further forward Smiley Sad

o2 have re-sent service books I have the bb data plan they only have the one I don't know what else the problem could be Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II

And I refer you back to my original reply...O2 is responsible for the delivery of all services to you. If, contractually, they feel that you should be receiving this service, then they have the responsibility to resolve it. They have the ability to escalate all the way into RIM if needed...you have no free method to do that.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates