Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
rudy711
My Carrier: ATT

Blackberry should provide more clear specs for chargers

I am addressing this post primarily to Blackberry itself and not the user community.  Blackberry offers no method of direct contact other than postal mail. 

I have owned both a BB BOLD and BB TORCH.  The BB BOLD would not charge with a few chargers.  THe BB Torch will NOT CHARGE with MOST 3rd party chargers. 

Blackberry should clearly state what the charging specification are for its products.  The problem of requiring very high charging currents seems to be unique to BB when compared to Apple, HTC, etc. 

The USB specification requires only 500mA.  It seems that my BB Torch requires at least 650-1000mA to properly charge.  I have purchase several new chargers only to find the will not charge the device.  This is highly aggrevating. 

It would save customers enormous frustration, if Blackberry could do the simple courtesy of clearly informing customer what the required charging current is.

Is it 500mA, is it 750mA, is it 1500mA?  Why the mystery?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ghostryder

Re: Blackberry should provide more clear specs for chargers

I understand your questioning regarding 3rd party chargers. However, I have found that as cell phones got "smarter", their need for factory chargers became more of a requirement.

With all the different cell phones on the market and a 3rd party wanting to make "universal" chargers, it is clear that they will not be able to cover ALL manufactures requirements.

Having said all this, why not buy a factory charger? 

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rudy711
My Carrier: ATT

Why should I be forced to only buy their chargers?  What if I am traveling somewhere and need a quick solution to a dead or dying battery?

Please do not reply to questions unless you have a legitimate answer.

My question was.......what is the required amperage for a charger to effectively charge a Blackberry Torch. 

I am going to repost the question.  Please do not reply unless you have a specific answer.  I find your reply annoying.  

Are you a shill for Blackberry?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ghostryder

[ Edited ]

rudy711 wrote:

Why should I be forced to only buy their chargers?  What if I am traveling somewhere and need a quick solution to a dead or dying battery?

Please do not reply to questions unless you have a legitimate answer.

My question was.......what is the required amperage for a charger to effectively charge a Blackberry Torch. 

I am going to repost the question.  Please do not reply unless you have a specific answer.  I find your reply annoying.  

Are you a shill for Blackberry?

I'll reply anyway because I am enjoying annoying you. I am not a shill for Blackberry, nor will I purchase an inadequate 3rd party charger. I use the charger that came with the phone from the manufacturer. Maybe that is the one you should use and take with you on your travels.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MrDJ
My Carrier: Vodafone

^^ :smileyvery-happy:

^^^ certainly the right attitude to get no more replys (except from me).

google is your friend most of the time  http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/blackberry-asy-18080-001-p17786.htm

no idea of the amperage but this worldwide adapter is a fraction of the cost. or go to the market and pick one up for £1/ $1

Please use plain text.