Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry torch 9860

After waking up at 2 am to my phone doing an update (which I did not start myself) my screen was stuck on 8% on backing up files. I have contacted orange customer service centre to be told lots of different things and to press lots of different buttons. After roughly 40 minutes on the phone to orange I was then told that there wasn't much they could do. (Not very happy at this stage). Basically, the screen is stuck on this update page and whatever I have been told to do has not made this go away. This means I can not use my phone, so I am currently with out a phone. Any advice on what I can do as i need this sorted ASAP.
New Contributor
My Device: Torche 9860
My Carrier: At&T

Re: Blackberry torch 9860

Currently in the same boat as you.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry torch 9860

Orange has a contract with BlackBerry to supply end user support.  They could not fulfill that obligation so you could request to be escalated to BlackBerry tech support free of charge.  They will not mention that but you have the right to request it and should if you ever are in that situation again.

Okay, on to your issue.  Start by removing the battery from your phone.  Rather than type 'til my fingers hurt, I'm going to direct you to BlackBerry's solution for forcing the detection of your phone by your PC:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

Have a look at that and post back with your progress.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.