Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
EmmanuelAudu
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry torch does not want to scroll up or dowN

The screen of my Blackberry torch does not want to scroll up or down. cannot go further than that what is seen on the screen, I need  a fix for this! Does anyone know what is going on?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry torch does not want to scroll up or dowN

It's probably just a software glitch.  The best solution for fixing software glitches is to remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it a few seconds later.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EmmanuelAudu

I removed my battery, waited 2 mins and put it back, but the screen is still not moving down to show what's at the bottom. Are there any other fixes?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

Step 1, battery pull.  Step 2, reload the OS to your phone.

Something is obviously wonky with your phone and if the battery pull did nothing to help, reload the OS.  To do this, open BlackBerry Desktop Software on your PC.  Once your phone has connected, click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Choose the most recent backup file and load it.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EmmanuelAudu

No it didn't work, i tried this before but it doesnt work, maybe i'll try a last time btu if it doesnt work, what other methods are they?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

Battery pulls and software reloads are the two methods to resolve software issues. If the screen doesn't scroll at all, it could be a hardware issue in which a call to your carrier would be in order. Other than what I've suggested, there's nothing else you can do if it's a software issue.

Keep us up to date. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
EmmanuelAudu

IVE RELOADED OS AND EVERYTHING,WORKED FOR 2 DAYS AND STARTED AGAIN.

Please use plain text.
bubbleman
My Carrier: Globe

I have the same problem. However, it only happens whenever I try to scroll up or down SMS or BBM messages.  It's fine on other areas of the interface.

I've viewed some thread and they say that it could be a moisture problem or something, which I do not totally agree with, as the effect is only messages.  Any ideas on what could fix this?

Please use plain text.
ShanaisBecker
My Carrier: MTN

I just got my Touch 9810 back from it being sent away for another problem now this is happening. What now??

Please use plain text.