Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
lisamaryr
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Blackberry torch not working at ALL!

I bought a blackberry torch 9800 in New York and came back last week to the Sultanate of Oman after several business trips and was ready to shift from Nokia phones (which I have been using in the last 10 years) to a Blackberry, and the phone freezes up every two or three functions I attempt! Either the screen goes black or I can't access by the keys.  Sometimes I can still scroll on the screen but it is not responsive to commands. The only way to start up is to take out the battery.

I have gone through many different procedures in your website, but frankly it has been tough and time consuming.  I am very disappointed to have invested time and money in your product.  I understand I am out of the US warranty, but I thought buying blackberry I would not have such a problem!!!! This model of blackberry does not sell in Oman yet.

I have tried to send e-mails but they come back asking me to access support - there are all these information which I cannot find - I didn't know that to own a blackberry I need to be an expert!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry torch not working at ALL!

What are the functions you attempt that are failing?

What procecures have you read here that you've done?

If you need assistance, please provide all relevant informtion, and I know the good knowledgeable people here will be glad to help you.

But to correct you, there are TWO local Oman service providers: Nawras and Oman Mobile.

And, for most all of the data functions (email, BlackBerry internet, BlackBerry Messenger, Facebook, Maps, etc) you will need a subscription through your local service provider (the company to which your inserted SIM is provisioned) and the PIN/IMEI of the device must be registred with them.

So, once you subscribe to service with one of those above and get the BlackBerry Data Plan subscribed on your SIM account, you will have a MUCH better experience. With the BlackBerry service, it will be like buying a car and having no gasoline in the tank... it won't be doing much.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
harvfl
My Device: Z10 and Blackberry Playbook

Re: Blackberry torch not working at ALL!

I was wondering since you did not mention if you bought a branded USA carrier model which is locked and can only be used in the States or you bought an unlocked device.

If it's unlocked it should work. If it's locked think about returning it for a refund if possible or try to find a way to get it unlocked. It depends on where you bought it from, a repetible US carrier retailer or some third party.

If you paid with a credit card perhaps returning it for a refund is the best solution since the credit card company can eventually help in the return. Receipts and date of purchase are important in your decision.

Cell phones purchased in The U.S.A. should always be unlocked for use in other countries if its a quad band device.