Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

pradeep308
My Device: torch 9800

Blackbery messenger

How do I connect another Blackberry via BBM after I have received a request and the message reads Pending( waiting for authorization)

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Blackbery messenger

If it's pending, then it's pending.  BBM is usually VERY quick to connect contacts, but there are times when delays are present.

If you're the one who sent the request and the person receiving it is nearby, have that person send a request to you.  In addition to doing it OTA (over-the-air), you can also scan the other person's BBM barcode.  To do this, one person highlights his/her name at the top, presses the menu key and selects View My Profile.  On the next screen, beside PIN Barcode, click Show.  The other person presses the icon at the bottom of the BBM screen, the one showing the person with a "+" sign.  Scroll down to and press Scan a PIN Barcode.

I hope this helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
Kally9mm
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Blackbery messenger

HI,

I have the same problem with messenger displaying 'pending authorisation'. I have tried by sending invitation from both handsets, but no luck.

Would the problem be because on the one handset there is no email set up yet?

I will really appreciate your help!

Thank you