Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
kikegandur
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: 07917809355

Blacklist

Hello there,

I bought my brand new blackberry torch in July. It worked perfectly until November when I realised that I could not make or receive either phone calls or texts. However, I can still use my blackberry messanger and the web. I contacted my provider Vodafone and they explained to me that my blackberry was blacklisted. Unfortunately, they could not help me since they did not request such an action. They do not know where the request came from. I would ask the BlackBerry Team Support and/or anybody who experienced such an issue to assist me with this matter.

Thank you

Kind regards

Enrique Pacheco 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Blacklist

Who did you get the phone from?

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I bought it in  Amazon; I contacted them and explained my problem and they suggested me to contact the people from blackberry since I had the guarantee.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Good deal!

1-877-255-2377

http://us.blackberry.com/support/devices/service_options.jsp

Thank you for the response regarding to my issue. 

Do you know the possible reasons about why my blackberry has been blacklisted? The blackberry I bought was a brand new device. I contacted the seller as suggested in the last response; however, what if the seller sends me a new one the same happens again?

Thank you

Enrique

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

No idea why the device could be blacklisted.  Maybe the device was sold as brand new and wasn't.  I'm guessing at this point as to what could have happened.  Just hope that the seller makes sure his devices are good to go before selling them.