Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
johnny2003
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blue tooth Problem

Hi Guys

I spent two hours on Saturday with the Technical department of my service provider trying to pair my Blackberry headset to my new Blackberry Torch. 

My Phone goes in to search mode but does find the head device and  does not pair up.

It did manage to locate someone walking past with my New Blackberry Torch 9800 and at one time and it  also appeared to find the device but kept asking for a numeric pass code to validate.I tried 0000 1111 and many others beside. Since then I've had no joy  it searches and finds nothing.

The technical departrment at my service provider thought the headset had been paired to my previous blackberry so I was advised to take out the battery of the old Blackberry....nothing. Evan told that perhaps it was the headset. but I put the battery back in the old Blackberry and asked it to search for the device  and it did and found it first time.

Is there anyone out there in Blackberry land that can help me? 

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blue tooth Problem

Hi johnny2003,

I would advise trying to back up your device via the BlackBerry Desktop Software and performing a clean reload of your device software. http://bbry.lv/bpv7DT Make sure to test your Bluetooth before restoring any data from your backup file.

If this does not resolve the issue, you may want to contact your wireless provider for other options.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.