Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: A T & T

Bluetooth and general motors vehicle with BB Torch

I have had this vehicle since February and it has paired and worked flawlessly with a Sony Ericson phone and also a Samsung Rugby.

I have had this Torch for about a month or two and when I connect it, it will work great for the first 3 or 4 phone calls and then either the car or the phone ignores the other. the phone is still showing connected on the Bluetooth. To get it to work correctly for a few more calls I have to turn off the Bluetooth on the phone and then turn it back on again. It will then reconnect and work for a few more calls.

I have contacted AT & T  and they said it is a vehicle issue. I have been to the GM dealer and they say that there is nothing wrong with the vehicle, the only thing left is the phone itself and I did see on some of the other messages that others are having this problem. What is the fix for this or the BB will be given a new owner as this is not acceptable.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Bluetooth and general motors vehicle with BB Torch

Hi there,

Its likely due to an issue with compatibility between software on both devices.  A firmware upgrade could help on the vehicle (if there is one), or it's possible that an OS update may help on the phone. 

Unfortunately there is little that can be done until AT&T updates their device software, but if you'd like to test other versions just to see if they will help, there are newer OS updates out there from other carriers or that have been leaked.  The catch with these is that AT&T will not support them since they have not provided that update.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Regular Contributor
My Device: LEAP and Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bluetooth and general motors vehicle with BB Torch

I had the exact same problem the very first moment I tried to pair my new Torch with my vehicle. First it would not after 4-5 attempts. I turned off my car, then restarted and the pairing succeeded after 2-3 attempts. After a drive and 2 calls the pairing failed. My Bold 9700 worked flawlessly from day one in my car for the year I had that phone.

There was also another problem with the Torch. I got it exchanged with the seller. The second Torch works fine with my vehicle's Bluetooth as well as other functions.

Imo, it's your phone that has a software problem. A phone software upgrade may help or insist your seller replace the defective phone under the warranty.