Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Bluetooth problem - connected to car handsfree: not playing audio / inetradio via bluetooth

[ Edited ]

I have a problem with my new Torch 9800:

everything works fine when connected to my bluetooth handsfree-car-unit (Parrot CK3300 - supporting the bluetooth handsfree-profile 1.1); I can set and answer calls, even automated connection and voicedialling works great ! The only thing I did not manage is that it is impossible to hear music via bluetooth & handsfreecarunit over the carspeakers. Neither the built in mediaplayer-app nor TuneIn (internetradio) works - you can only hear it via the Torch-built-in speaker. Can you offer help ? Is it due to the handsfree-car-unit or due to the Torch as the handsfree-manufacturer-support says ? Or is there any 3rd-party-app which can transfer audio to the handsfree-car-unit ?

Or can you recommend any handsfree-car-unit which is capable of playing audio via bluetooth ?

Thank you very much in advance !

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Project Manager

Re: Bluetooth problem - connected to car handsfree: not playing audio / inetradio via bluetooth

Having the same problem, but with any navigation app i tried. you can't hear the navigation instruction when connected, calls audio work just fine.

I have a Torch, and a Motorola BT Car handsfree

Any help will be most appreciated   

New Contributor

Re: Bluetooth problem - connected to car handsfree: not playing audio / inetradio via bluetooth

Hy

here my status quo: the handsfree manufacturer says it will definitely work if the car handsfreeunit does support the AD2P-profile. For that I would have to change my handsfreeunit ! Devices with A2DP-profile are for example: Parrot MKi9100 and up, Bury CC9060 Plus.

Not good news but anyway there is a solution ...

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I have had the same problem, and have been unable to use bluetooth to play audio content on either of two stereo headsets which use A2DP Bluetooth profile with the 9800 Torch. The devices are as follows:

Plantronics 855 Stereo Headset

Paired OK

Device Properties - Services:

Handsfree - Listed, enabled and works OK

Headset - Listed, enabled but does not work

A/V Remote Control -  Listed, enabled but does not work

Audio Sink -  Listed, enabled but does not work

NS-BTHDP Stereo Headset

Paired OK

Services:

Handsfree - Listed, enabled and works OK

Headset - Listed, enabled but does not work