Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Regular Contributor
rakeshmjiyani
My Device: 9630

Bluetooth problem in Blackberry

Hi,

I have made application in blackberry using Blackberry RIM bluetooth API. I am having one serious problem.My application send and receive serial data over bluetooth with our product device. It works well when input language

is set to english in blackberry.

Problem occurs when i set input language to french in blackberry. i am not able to pair with our product device or neither i can operate the device frome blackberry if my input language is set to french. The same thing work fine with andoird and iphone. But blackberry is not working when i set the input langugae to french. I am not able to pair

with device 

I am egarly looking for help.

Regards,

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Bluetooth problem in Blackberry

Are you starting the pairing process from within your application?  If so can you try to pair through the Options application.  

Which BlackBerry Smartphone model and BlackBerry handheld software version are you testing on?  You can find this under Options, About on the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Are you able to pair with any other Bluetooth devices?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Regular Contributor
rakeshmjiyani

Hi,

yes i am doing pairing through the application and i also do the pairing from the bluetooth option. when i set

french language as input language and do the pairing from bluetooth option i get the message " appariement avec

GARAGE-1111" termine" . But then when i load my application and try to transfer serial data over bluetooth it is not

happing. It always failed to connect with the device.

If same thing i do with setting input language as english all feature workfine like pairing , send and recevied serial

data over bluetooth.

Regards,

MSohm

Are you able to pair and use any other Bluetooth devices while using French language?

Mark Sohm

Regular Contributor
rakeshmjiyani

Hi,

I have Tested as per your suggestion by trasferring data over bluetooth to anyother bluetooth device. below is scenario what i have done.

1. I set input language as french in Torch 9860 and set input language as english in blackberry curve 8520.

2. Now i try to pair Torch device to 8520 blackberry curve from bluetooth option. It able to pair device.

3. Now i go to media option and try to send image from torch 9860 (input language as french) TO curve 8520

(input language as English). But it was failed to send image. i get message "trasfert de fichier service   introuvable"       which means file transfer service not found. if i set input lanague as english in torch then i am

able to transfer the image but in case of french i am not able to transfer image.

please let me know how can i resolve this issue as even blackberry itself  not able to transfer data  as this feature work fine in android and iphone but blackberry stuck as in standrd procedure. i have attached image of torch mobile with this reply.

2012-05-02 10.46.09.jpg

Regards,

MSohm

I agree that this is an issue outside of your application and not an issue with your application.  Make sure you have the latest version of BlackBerry handheld software installed.  I'm also going to move this post to the smartphone support area to let the experts in that area have a look at this one.

Mark Sohm

Regular Contributor
rakeshmjiyani

Hi,

yes i am using the latest blackberry handheld software.

For Blackberry 8520  i am using the v.5.0.0.1036 software.

For Blackberry 9860 i  am using the v.7.0.0.296 software.

please let me know what next step i have to do. As my product is currently running in the market and customer

are reporting the issue when they set input language as french in blackberry.

Regards,