Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold 9000 unable to connect to internet/email/MMS

Hey all!

I've had my BB Bold 9000 for about 2 yrs or so on prepaid up until around 6 months ago. The post paid I have been on (TPG) meant my handset wasn't compatiblle with the interent or MMS - fair enough - so I pretty much used it for calls and SMS only. Nowadays I need internet for work and so I decided to switch to Optus Post-paid - but now I can't connect to the net at all, or send email or MMS!

Seeing as I have never had internet on my phone before, I am a bit clueless to how to go about initially connecting and so on, so any replies please keep it simple with step by step instructions Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,233
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bold 9000 unable to connect to internet/email/MMS

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?

You must, in order to get the RIM push email functions you are looking for, as well as addtional BlackBerry data services such as the internet browser, Facebook for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Messenger, and much more.

So, call your carrier and inquire about having the BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account.

Good luck.

>> Learn more about the Priv by BlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code