Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Browser Confuguration

The lack of 3G on TMobile with an ATT Torch is because Tmobile and ATT use different frequencies for 3G. The ATT Torch doesn't have the raadio frequencies needed for 3G on Tmobile. Its like wanting to listen to an FM radio station when you only have an AM radio.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
alicenwndrln
My Device: Torch 9800

1.  The last (outsourced) rep told me there would be an additional fee for tethering.  I've never looked into it, so I only know what a T-Mo employee tells me.

2.  I've been told that by several people....who clearly were wrong.

3.  Future BBs are rumored on crackberry.com.  I've looked at the articles several times.  One is a Bold Touch....one is the Torch 2.  Who knows if ANY of that is true, but that's what that site says.

4.  The SECOND of 3 T-Mo reps I spoke to tonight told me this.  Again....I can only go by what they say...I figured they'd know better than me.

5.  I know I have a lot of internal memory to spare on the 9800, and was almost out on my 9700.  BB internal memory amounts ARE lame, imo....compared to other companies/platforms (who at least allow you to save apps to external memory).  This is obviously a personal opinion.

6.  That's another quote from T-Mo.

7.  Much thanks again for your help.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You need new Tmo reps.

I find that 512M of internal memoery is quite sufficient for the many apps I have installed. 256M is sufficient if running OS 5 and lower. Anything less is not sufficent. New bb's don't have memory issues. The 9700 is fine with OS5 but can get low on memory with OS6.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
jadoo
My Device: torch 9800

Hi John,

I have an unlocked BB Torch 9800; I am on Tmobile. I cannot access the internet through the browser.... I have to use the Wi-Fi (which works) to access the intenet.

Tmobile wont/cannot send me the service books unless I subscribe to the BB service for an extra $10.00/month and I do not have an old BB to put my current sim card into it and download Service Books from Tmobile.

Can you send me the link to get the service books so that I can install it manually??

By the way, I have installed BB Desktop Manager 5.0 on my laptop computer.

Guru I
John_Clark

Sorry, even if I could send them to you they won't work without the data plan.
New Contributor
jadoo
My Device: torch 9800

That's Ok, I'll get the data plan first.

Thanks.

Visitor
jesskingco
My Device: Storm 9530

i am TNT user, can i donwload browser configuration service book? how?