03-12-2011 03:01 AM
03-12-2011 03:21 AM
1. The last (outsourced) rep told me there would be an additional fee for tethering. I've never looked into it, so I only know what a T-Mo employee tells me.
2. I've been told that by several people....who clearly were wrong.
3. Future BBs are rumored on crackberry.com. I've looked at the articles several times. One is a Bold Touch....one is the Torch 2. Who knows if ANY of that is true, but that's what that site says.
4. The SECOND of 3 T-Mo reps I spoke to tonight told me this. Again....I can only go by what they say...I figured they'd know better than me.
5. I know I have a lot of internal memory to spare on the 9800, and was almost out on my 9700. BB internal memory amounts ARE lame, imo....compared to other companies/platforms (who at least allow you to save apps to external memory). This is obviously a personal opinion.
6. That's another quote from T-Mo.
7. Much thanks again for your help.
03-12-2011 09:59 AM
06-24-2011 06:40 PM
I have an unlocked BB Torch 9800; I am on Tmobile. I cannot access the internet through the browser.... I have to use the Wi-Fi (which works) to access the intenet.
Tmobile wont/cannot send me the service books unless I subscribe to the BB service for an extra $10.00/month and I do not have an old BB to put my current sim card into it and download Service Books from Tmobile.
Can you send me the link to get the service books so that I can install it manually??
By the way, I have installed BB Desktop Manager 5.0 on my laptop computer.
06-24-2011 06:55 PM