Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Browser Confuguration

Please help me as I cannot connect to internet with 3G / Edge connection as BB send me a message that it need the the Browser Configuration Service Brook Entries. Everything else (Email, BB msg, etc) is working properly.

i already talk with support are of my Service Provider ( I am actually traveling in South America) but they say that phone should take configuration automatically. 

I have no problem to go into internet through WIFI. 

Please comment me why this could happened, and how can I check if it something wrong in my phone, or something that I need to ask to the Service provider directly. 

Thanks. 

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Browser Confuguration

Is this device supported by your carrier?  Meaning do they sell this device or did you buy it and unlock it?

If you bought it and unlocked it to use on another network, then your carrier might not have the proper service books for it.  There are some sources on the internet that tell how to get the service books but you'll need the service books from your carrier to install manually.  Who is your carrier?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Porta

Well, I will not agree on this part for i have the Torch I am living in South America and my Torch works well. Now I have come across several torches and only 2 have this problem and they cant seem to fix. Please is there any way to help them let me know for they are friends of mine. thx

Otto Veliz Vargas
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You can agree or disagree...makes no difference to me.

Your Torch doesn't have the proper service books and your carrier can not send them because they do not support the Torch.  You MUST install the service book manually.  If a Torch is connected to a BES (usually corporate) server then it will get a browser from that but without that you'll not have a browser other than the hotspot wifi browser capability.

I know this because I just got a Torch from ATT and I'm on TMobile.  Until I manually installed TMobile service books I had no browser.  It's easy to do but you need the service books from your carrier. 

You still didn't answer me who your carrier is.  Maybe we can find the service books available for download somewhere and I can tell you how to install them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Ok still all I said was that I have a torch on a carrier that does not have the Torch yet but I am able to use the browser and all. There are a few here that can not use browser and carrier said hopefully in November they will be able to support. this is my carrier I would like to help the guys here that cant use there browser the carrier is Porta in Ecuador the service books would help a great deal

Otto Veliz Vargas
Guru I

And as I said before, you will need to install the service books MANUALLY if the carrier cannot send them to the device.  I downloaded TMobile service books from the internet after doing an internet search.  I do not know where you can get the Porta service books. 

Contributor

Well thanks for the input i was able to get it done now i am ok. all is working well. If anyone has this problem please feel free to contact me. I will definite take the time out to help. 

Otto Veliz Vargas
Guru I

it would be helpful to all if you posted your solution.
Contributor

Sure np, What I did is the following:

first  I put my data plan sim card into my BB Torch and added my emails and registed into a network in my case PORTA. Then I took out of the Torch and put in another BB I used my BB Flip where i can use my data sim card. I waited for like 6 minutes and waited until i was able to use the browser on my BB Flip, then I went to Options, Device, advanced system settings, and Host Routing Table, then pressed the menu button the one with the little bb sign and pressed register now. after I recieved the message saying i have been registered to a wireless network i went to Options, Service Books, and inside this folder I pressed and held ALT while I typed these letters sbeb yes sbeb there  you should see Legacy SB Restore Enabled just press ok and then connect to desktop manager and back up only the service books, you can choose what you want to back up in the custom settings just choose Service books and write browser configs for Torch so you know which one to use.

Then I took the sim card out of my BB flip and put in my Torch, once the torch turned on i went to Options, Device, Service Books, and in the folder I typed again while pressing ALT sbeb as i did before and pressed ok. Then connected the torch to Desktop manager and restored  the file you create with the name Browser configs for my Torch, then I shut off the torch and when I turned now voila I was able to use my browser If you want help just dd me on bbm my pin is 22C9AD4A. I did not discover this but I had the problem and found the solution. thx

Otto Veliz Vargas
Guru I

Aha!  You installed the service books manually as I suggested.  :smileywink:

Well done!