Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
hambroski
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Browser Memory too low to open webpage!

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I used to have a bold 9700 and went daily to my www.wunderground.com page http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=INORFOLK14 but i cannot open this and some others on my Torch as it says that the browser memory is too low and that I should close some tabs (this is the only tab open!!!). 

On my bold I sometimes had to change the default browser from Blackberry to Internet to open up some bigger pages but there is no such option anymore in Browser.

Any hints would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

H

BES activated Blackberry Torch on Vodafone in the UK

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Browser Memory too low to open webpage!

I get web page too big for the device on 3G and WiFi.

It has lots of data on it when opened on a PC.

Could be BES is limiting data to it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
hambroski
My Device: Blackberry Torch

It was working fine on my bold and my BES settings have not changed. How can I check if BES is limiting it? It also says that it is the browser memory before saying page too big.

Message 1: The browser is running low on memory. Try closing some tabs to avoid running out of memory. Click 'Yes' if you would like to see this message again. [Options: Yes / No]

Message 2: The page you requested could not be loaded; it is too large for the device. [Option: Ok]

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Give this a read

Simplified browser selection in BlackBerry Device Software 6.0

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB23699

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V