Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
danielafialova
My Device: BB Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Browsing over the cellular network

Hi

After transition from BES to BIS I get the following message when trying to connect to internet:

"Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web you must use wi-fi or contact your service provider to chase your service plan."

My service provider says that all settings on their side are OK and doesn't know how to help as BB has no helpdesk in Czech Republic. Browser works properly with wi-fi only. Incoming and outgoing e-mails work in BB as well.

Thanks for any advice!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Browsing over the cellular network

On the handset, go to:

For OS5 and 4.x
Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table
and click Register now, and escape back to the home page.

For OS6 and higher
in options, device , advanced, host routing table, click on menu and choose register now.

Wait 2 minutes and see if registration to network happens.

if it fails then you have to call them to remove dataplan and add back in BIS

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
danielafialova

Thank you. The registration with the wireless network has been made successfully but the problem persists. Still the same message when trying to connect the internet:

"Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web you must use wi-fi or contact your service provider to chase your service plan."

Thanks for any other tip.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
danielafialova

Hi,

everything done as suggested but still the same problem. When trying to connect to the mobile network the folliwing error message pops up:

Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web you must use wi-fi or contact your service provider to chase your service plan.

THANKS for any advice! Feel helpless already....

Daniela

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raneeshcr
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Etisalat

I too had the same problem; reported to the carrier etisalat uae; even I changed the handset; bis over data plan is still not activated; after changing the handset bis started connecting through wifi; not through data plan, reported the problem with carrier because the subscription has already started; its a week passed no solution yet; any help please !!! thanks in advance

Please use plain text.