Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell

Built-in Storage Issue (Other at 99%)

Hi everyone, 

I'm having an issue with my Blackberry Torch 9810's storage. I took my phone into Bell and all they could say was "Oh, that weird! I don't know, I've never seen that before."... Basically they weren't much help, so I thought I'd post here and hope for better luck.

I noticed a while ago that my phone's built-in storage was practically full at 99%. About 50% was video and pictures, and the rest was listed under "Other". I couldn't figure out what "Other" was so I ended up buying a media card and transferred all my pictures and videos to it to free up space. Well immediately after doing that, my built-in storage read 99% for "Other".

I went into Files, and clicked properties for Device (it says it is 99.82%; 6.2 GB of 6.2 GB used). I then opened the device and checked the properties of each folder:

- Blackberry (8.4 MB)

- files (70.7 MB)

- fonts (38.9 MB)

- home (12.4 MB)

- start.app (30.8 MB)

- all single files in Device (roughly 14MB)

Seeing as that all adds up to only 175.2 MB, I'm not sure where this "Other" could be coming from? 

My calendar is also acting up. I have it set to save my appointments for forever (there aren't many and only date back to June), but every couple of days they all disappear and I have to restore my calendar using Blackberry Protect. I'm not sure if maybe my phone is deleting them to create space. 

Sorry this was so long! Hopefully it's not confusing. Any help would be appreciatedSmiley Happy

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Built-in Storage Issue (Other at 99%)

Have you tried a battery pull?  This has happened to me a few times.