Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
pgphillips
My Device: torch 9810

Busted Built-In Memory

I had my 9810 crash a while ago, and managed to fix it by re-loading the 7.1 update and starting all over with my phone. When I got it working the phone said the built in storage was fouled up. The only fix was to format the built -in memory. The phone has crashed 3 more times since ,with the same problem. The only way to bring the phone back up is to re-load 7.1 and start all over. Since the last fix I have had to format the built -in media twice, and both times I was restarting the phone after downloading an app from the app store (the blackberry store), and this last time was loading the app store update. Can anybody tell me what the fuzz is up with my BB? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

Re: Busted Built-In Memory

Sounds like a lot of us are having this problem. I spent 3 days and over 18 hours with RIMS tech support going thru the same things includi g the reformat of the media area. Finally tech support had me do install 3 free apps I had never done before,1 at a time and reboot after and after the 3rd one it went into the reboot lock down about 3/4 of the way. Techs conclusion was its got a broken RAM. I was 40 days past my 1 year warranty. There seems to be a lot of people with this exact problem. Is yours a Torch 9850 or 9860?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.