Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

aprilnwyo
My Device: blackberry torch

Re: Calendar - how do I stop the annoying birthday notifications??

AARRRR...  I am so tired of trying to fix this it is driving me nuts!!  Has anyone figured out out how to stop the birthdays from showing on the calender?  If so, could you post the entire instructions keeping in mind that a newby to most of this!  Please help me keep from going insane!  Thanks!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lagopus

I did manage to stop them following the instructions I was given above but then it kept sending me update notifications which I could not get rid of.  Wouldn't just update without registering with something which I didn't want to do, so in the end I wiped Facebook off completely!  The same then happened with Twitter which I would never ever use so that went the same way!  Since then I haven't been hassled by anything - fingers crossed it remains that way.

Please use plain text.
aprilnwyo

:smileyvery-happy: 

Thank you all!!!  I finally got it to stop by following the instructions given- I just started at the first post and kept going until it worked.  I had previously deleted Facebook but didn't get all the extras that were on there. Although I like some of the features,  I am afraid to download Facebook again as I don't want to deal with the problems again.  Now I'm just hoping I didn't delete anything else important!  So far so good though!  Thank you, thank you!! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cleishygal
My Device: curve 9300

soo what do you have to do?

Please use plain text.
burts900
My Device: blackberry 9780

my bold 9780 does not clear the bday notifications from facebook.wat do i do??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
10gazw
My Device: 9360

i've been able to get rid of the notifications by opening the calendar application, p[ressing the blackberry key and selecting options. then type "wipe" nothing will be displayed on screen but after the "e" a screen will pop up asking u to confirm deleting the calendar data. this gets rid of all notifications for my facebook and after stopping it syncing, i've had no problem with fb since, but with gmail, i like to add the birthdays to my contact list, and even though i've unchecked the box for syncing the calendar, bdays still show up when i add a new contact. the perfect solution would be 1 where i could disable bday notifications as i use gmail calendar a lot on both my pc and phone, or if i could just delete the notification. does anyone know if there are plans to enable us to have more options in the notification screen

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Myktyp
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360

This fix half worked for me - I have not registered with Faceberk or Twit. My notifications were coming from my Contacts.

After this fix it kept my contacts birthdays (although they did not display) - but all my calendar entries were wiped.

When I put them back they come up on the notification screen.

Still trying to find a way not to let them show.

Bottom line - using 10gazw's fix - I don't have my contact's birthdays appearing, but my calendar ones still do.

Please use plain text.
Angel_14
My Device: 9320 curve

Disable blackberry calendar application

1. Click Setup icon
2. You will see
>setup
>personalization
>help and tutorials
• open/click the setup to see feautures

3. Upon opening you will see..BB mesger, Instant mesg, social network, etc.

4. Click social network.. You will see FB icon
5.click fb icon and uncheck the box blackberry Calendar Application
6. Then Save. And all ur birthdays notifications from Fb will be deleted automatically

-- Goodluck Guys! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.