Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
gidd
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: Calendar - how do I stop the annoying birthday notifications??

Hi kinetic,

Ok i get wat u mean. Just to confirm your on the blackberry torch as well? If yes then I'm gonna try what u say :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
kinetic
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi gidd,
I can confirm I'm on a torch.
BDS
New Contributor
BDS

Hi everybody, got a new Torch - whoopy, till the Birthdays came up.

Had a read to all the post, did that, done that, got the Tshirt.

Nothing works.

Just like to mention, I am a stunning blonde, but with brain. I have a BSC Hons in Computer Science and bride myself in troubleshooting - love to get into the bios, haha

BB and FB have to sort this out or I get another phone. Yeah right!!!!

Anybody with any bright ideas?

New Contributor
kinetic

Hi BDS,

I forgot to say that if you have the "Blackberry Contacts Application" setting i mentioned disabled it only stops the birthdays being added over and over again.

If you have any birthdays in the calander before you changed the setting they will still be there, however you'll still have to delete them once, but they shouldnt reappear again after.

If you connect any facebook friends to you contacts after that, that contacts birthdays will be added, but again once its cleared the first time it wont reappear.

Hope that helps!

BDS
New Contributor
BDS

That little tick did it, brilliant. You expect it to be unticked auto, if you deselect FB Calendar, but it doesn't.

Thank you so much:smileyvery-happy:

Visitor
lana8054
My Device: Blackberry 9670

I took the check mark off of facebooks Blackberry calendar application and Blackberry contacts application, deleted the Bdays off the calendar and they are still showing up. The calendar goes on and one into addition years so how can you delete all of them   The birthdays that are showing up now have been deleted from 2012 and 2013. So what else can I try

Nici_Wakely
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Hi there. I have the same problem and have followed the advice you gave above but every time I reboot my phone the Facebook calendar entries come back. Is there a permanent solution please? Many thanks in advance!

sss14
My Device: blackberry torch

hi i did most of the above, (didnt need to delete facebook app) and it worked. 

however now when i add a new appointment/ birthday on the blackberry calender manually, it starts showing immediately in the alerts screen. in calender options i have already selected the day and time - start and end the reminder alert is selected at 5 minutes.

how do enter appointments and get the calender to show it only on the scheduled/ selected day and time. otherwise the entire screen is going to be crammed with all the appointments entered!!!

Esther11239
My Device: blackberry style

I know the trick I WAS TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT ALL DAY AND FINALLY THOUGHT OF DEACTIVATING MY FACEBOOK FOR 1 MINUTE , THEY BIRTHDAYS WENT AWAY AND THEN I REACTIVATED IT AND THEY NEVER CAME BACK IM SO HAPPY HAHA TRY IT OUT EVERYONE ULL FEEL SO RELIEVED :smileywink:

New Contributor
lagopus
My Device: blackberry torch

This is probably a really stupid question...but how do I deactivate the Facebook thing on my Torch please?