If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Gasguzlr
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar "floating" appointment

Am I the only person on here who hates the "floating" appointment feature of the Calendar app on the 9800 using OS6??? Besides being redundant... since it doesn't show any other information other than what is already on the screen... whenever it pops up it invariably seems to cover the appointment line at the top of the screen. It is also just darn distracting, as it pops onto the screen almost like an alert is nothing but distracting and annoying.

Does anyone happen to know a way to disable this redundant, useless feature??? One of the reasons I've always stuck with RIM is because of the superb Calendar funtion... it's clean, clear, fast and simple. It's the feature I use the most.

I can put up with most of the other quirks involving the Torch... like being dropped into the middie of the text thread, and the Screen Lock button that unlocks at the slightest touch or when the slider gets nudged... but I hate this floating appointment feature.I know it's a long shot, but if anyone knows of a way to disable it or if any future updates will allow you to configure it, I would be grateful.

Cheers

r

Please use plain text.