Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
Jm264
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: At&T

Camera doesn't take pictures...

I got this phone yesterday as an upgrade from the 8900 and was super excited. Not so much anymore because at least my Curve actually took photos. 

At first I thought it was a device flaw but after research it seems the 9800/Torch camera is as reliable as a fat kid at the gym. as in not at all. 

Like seriously it doesn't work at all. The video camera does, but when I go to snap a photo, it auto focuses, flashes, and then BAM. Nada. The picture is never captured. Rebooting/pulling the battery only allows it to work for about two tries, but the issue persists... 

After researching forums, I read that putting the phone in face detection allows it work. So far that seems to be the case... but its only been 10 min since I've done that, so who knows. 

You can't flaunt all of these different modes, scenes, settings, and then only have one that actually allows the camera to work.

Please, someone from RIM, please post a detailed step by step trouble shooting fix to this, because this is a big problem. I read somewhere that some ppl have fixed the problem by deleting "theme .337" from their phone/desktop/cache. I don't know how to do that, so kindly post instructions because right now thousands of Blackberry Torch users are annoyed they can't take a photo. 

Please and thanks. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Altarocks
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Camera doesn't take pictures...

What OS are you using?  Camera was buggy in some versions.  The latest leaks, .448 and .450, result in much better camera function.  If you don't want to go with a leak, you can try a battery pull.  It's only a temporary solution, though.  You may need to perform periodic pulls to keep the camera working.  I'm running .448 and have had no device problems at all.

Please use plain text.