Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Digicel

Camera is not working

When i try to use my camera i get the message (Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try operning the camera again). I stopped all applications and it still does not work, I also deleted all downloaded apps and it still does not work. I am running 7.1 Bundle 1737 (v7.1.0.580, Platform 5.1.0.429). I upgraded the OS same time back and the camera was working fine so I don't think that its the OS. Please help.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Camera is not working

Hi Dash2011,

Welcome to the Support Community!

To resolve the issue you are having with your camera application, please try the steps in the following KB article. ""Could not launch camera application" error appears when opening the camera on the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/Kz6zDH

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi,

i hve a blackberry torch 9800. The camera gives me a error "close all apps then try again" i phoned vodacom and four people told me it's software. So i downgraded and it was still there. Then i upgraded and it was still there. So must i have my camera replaced ??? Wats the cost involved ???

i downgraded the software to my pc. Uninstalled the latest. Then wiped my phone and installed the software. The camera problem was still present. So i connected my phone to my pc opened blackberry desktop software. Clicked on device, update. Once that was done i got 9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel2949_PL6.6.0.236_A6.0.0.668 installed now. Phone works fine sometimes my calls get cut but the camera still does not work.

Pls help me as to wat soft is the latest and best.

i really love blackberry but this problem is making me angry.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Digicel

I give up........I'm jut gonna wait for the new BB phone in January..