Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
luislpf
My Device: Blackberry 9105

Can not activate BIS on my Blackberry 9860

Hi there,

I bougth a BB 9860 2nd handed ans it is full unlocked but I'm not able activate my BIS.

Through a website, I confirmed that the mobile phone is not barred and not blacklisted.   

Through the PIN or IMEI is some way to find out if the equipment has some blockage by RIM.

I'm using the mobile phone normally, I can make calls, receive calls, I have internet service through my carrier but on everything that needs internet can only use the WIFI.

Needless to say, I was previously using a BB 9105 and had the BIS service activated and fully functional. Through the page https://tmn.blackberry.com/ I enter with my account and there I can not detect the new device and  if I try to create a new account with the PIN and IMEI of the new equipment, it gives me the following message, "Your Blackberry Internet Service Account is suspended or deactivated "

Please Help

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Can not activate BIS on my Blackberry 9860

Hello luislprf

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First Go through this Article to be sure that it is Unlocked Unlocking your BlackBerry Guide

Secondly , As it is a Used device ,it might be possible that the previous user has not paid his due or bill to his previous carrier , you should contact the seller to know with which carrier is was associated , If previous carrier has blocked that device or the device PIN has not been removed from there database then your present carrier will not be able to register your device on there network. But first check the above article .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luislpf

Hi,

I've already had this procedure done and the mobile phone appears disabled all options in the list.

Funny thing is that I made a complaint to my network and now my SIM card is not picking up any signal, not even putting the SIM card in the old BB  if he picks up signal.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Then problem seems to be with that particular device ,Many possiblities , It might be possible that the previous Carrier have not released the device PIN or IMEI number from there database , or your present carrier uses different network frequency other then that device uses or made for .

I think your best bet will be to contact the Seller and ask for refund .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luislpf

Is there a Way to contact RIM to check the mobile phone status?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Yes there are ways but not free http://us.blackberry.com/support/programs/IBS_Brochure.pdf

But regarding your current issue it is not RIM or BlackBerry you should contact but it is your Carrier and Seller from which you got that device. 

God luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
askimer05
My Device: bb torch 9860

hello prince2012.. 

i have a same problem too.. i cant register my bb on BIS. i already called my carrier and just taught me to simply click "register now" from Host Routing Table, how many times i tried, only saying "REGISTRATION MESSAGE SENT", but never receive any response confirming my registration success...
I cant even set up an account to my bb because there's is NO internet mail account option, only enterprise account... i badly want to use my bbm and other features of bb but i couldnt for i cannot set up my personal account.. so frustrated.. pleaseeee help me... thanks that much!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

If you receive no message reply to the "Sent" one you see, then something is wrong between your device and your carriers network. But, only your carrier can look into what is wrong...you need to not let them fob you off and instead insist that they deliver the services which you pay them for. Only they can resolve it. Only they can formally escalate it to BlackBerry if such is required. No one here in this user-to-user community has any access to do anything about your situation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.