05-03-2014 12:13 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Language support on the device is a matter of several factors, starting with availability...refer:
If, per that KB, the language you desire is available, then the simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue. Make sure, during 6a or 6b, that you review ALL of the options for things to include, and select ALL that relate to the specific language you desire.
Once installed, you can restore from your backup (if required...it may have done so automatically during the process) and proceed to activating, on the device, the language you desire.
Good luck and let us know!