Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Z30, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10

Re: Can't Enable BlackBerry Device Analyzer on 9850

Yes, ALT-BBDA, just mistyped it.

On the 9850/9860, that equals ALT-??5*

John Hanks
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Are you pressing and holding the ALT / &%123 key while you type BBDA?

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Trusted Contributor

Unlike the physical keyboard BB, when you tap &%123, it stays in ALT mode, as indicated in the upper corner of the screen.

I did try holding it down once again, but still not there.

John Hanks
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

jhanks64 wrote:

Unlike the physical keyboard BB, when you tap &%123, it stays in ALT mode, as indicated in the upper corner of the screen.

I did try holding it down once again, but still not there.

I know because I'm using a Torch 9860 and this works for me.

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Trusted Contributor

I think it's because the phone isn't active right now.  I looked at another one that is active and it's in the right place.

John Hanks
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860

I also have a Torch 9860.  I see BB Device Analyzer but every time I go into it, it asks me to agree to the license acknowledgment.  I agree, and there is never information in any of the selections.  If I review information on this application under the applications manager, it says I've never used it.

I've tried the ALT + BBDA in every conceivable method via my Torch 9860 but still have the same results. 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

frannip wrote:

I also have a Torch 9860.  I see BB Device Analyzer but every time I go into it, it asks me to agree to the license acknowledgment.  I agree, and there is never information in any of the selections.  If I review information on this application under the applications manager, it says I've never used it.

I've tried the ALT + BBDA in every conceivable method via my Torch 9860 but still have the same results. 

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please scroll up to post 11 in this thread. The method there works (I just now did it -- you just hold the &%123 to activate ALT). Do that on the first Options Screen (it will pop up with "Device Analyzer Activated" or something like that), then back out to your Homescreen, then go back into Options > Device > Advanced System Settings and you will have a new setting of the Device Analyzer available.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860

I followed those instructions too and all it did was type characters "??5" in the search bar  ( *  doesn't come up because its not a valid search character).

Nothing else happens.  I've tried it from every screen from Options leading to the actual device analyzer and still nothing. 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I think it's because you left out the first character...-.

The string to type, after you get the keyboard into &%123 mode, is
-??5*
That is...dash...question mark...question mark...5...asterisk

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

didnt work for me since I mistyped it, you have to do the sequence in the right order or it wont work

goto options

press  BB button to get menu and Enable keyboard

press and hold &%123 key for 3 sec

type -??5* and device analyzer will be enabled

if you mistype it at all, press esc key to home screen and try again.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V